Qualifications: Criss Ittermann
Freelance Life/Business Coaching & Web Development
Various (http://eclectictech.net & http://liberatedlifecoaching.com (1996 – present) under Eclectic Tech, LLC, Middletown, NY since 2004) Execute all aspects of running an independent business providing consultations and services to help small businesses owners with personal and business development. Provide counseling with individuals, develop group coursework, create dynamic websites for clients, and train clients in a variety of applications and systems. Provide collaboration on team projects, develop software plug-ins, facilitate group brainstorming sessions, manage projects. Handle all networking, sales and marketing, graphic design and copy writing tasks. Some notable projects:
- Beyond the Eighteenth, LLC website (http://bte18.com/).
- Independent Living, Inc. (http://myindependentliving.org/) – Full-featured site for area non-profit organization.
- Behind-the-scenes coordinator for the annual QED Hudson Valley Business Edge conferences (2007-2010).
- Provided art direction for branding, and complete website solution for Simply FlawlessFaces, which directly resulted in the client gaining vendor status as a make-up artist for the Ritz-Carlton hotel in NYC.
- Created multiple php and MySQL plug-in solutions to the PmWiki community from client projects, including a blog solution, page-ranking script, database authentication script, and a tagging script.
Bear Brook Design August 2004-September 2005) [consulting through Digital Variant] (October 2005-January 2006) [employee]
Sole onsite IT staff, desktop support, systems and server administrator, technology and web consultant, supporting 12 users.
- Rush e-mail server migration, including installation and set-up of Postfix, Spamassassin, Cyrus, etc. on Mac mini running Debian GNU/Linux.
- Create and deploy new desktop image utilizing Tiger to all machines, including 5 new workstations.
- Responsible for hardware and software support for 8 servers, 14 desktops, 9 laptops, printers, security system, projector, cameras, and video equipment.
- Services supported include web, email, ftp, printing, networking, remote connections, security, etc.
- Create and maintain support documentation, network diagrams, charts, etc.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO), including workarounds for flash-only website design.
- Liaison with ISPs, web hosting companies, Apple and Dell support for in-warranty repairs, consulting firms, hardware and software vendors, and independent developers.
- Forensic analysis of a vandalized server system.
- Hardware installation, diagnosis, resolution, purchasing recommendations, new product testing, and out-of-warranty repair.
Base-One Technologies (April 2004-August 2004)
Part-time web-solution development as an adjunct to my recruiting work. Sole developer on this project.
- Proactively began developing a web-based collaborative solution to solve workflow issues at Base-One.
- Managed and developed solutions to streamline workflow and automate processes formerly done by hand, thus removing repetitive tasks and information tracking from recruiting staff and freeing up staff time.
- Utilized cURL libraries with PHP to create functions to utilize POST methods to external websites.
- Utilized Fetchmail to POP3 mail to the web server, Procmail to filter the mail and run it through server-side scripts, thus allowing an email to update a live website.
- Hand-coded a web-application and database back-end as a solution for intra-office documentation and collaboration, and integrated it with PmWiki to serve as a front-end for job request management.
- Built a customizable back-end from a set of PHP modules to reformat job requisitions from various formats and automate submission to online posting sites and automate entry into a database.
- Hosted the web application on my own Debian server, accessible to the Internet via DSL & a static IP address.
Base-One Technologies (April 2004-August 2004)
Screen client requisitions, solicit resumes, perform candidate screenings, correspond and build trust with candidate base, submit appropriate candidates, perform phone interviews, liaison between candidates and client representatives to negotiate bid price and contract details.
- Developed documentation for internal recruiting procedures to facilitate training future recruiting staff, developed clearly delineated procedures, wrote and formatted Intranet-based training materials for future recruiters.
Digital Imaging Specialist
ColorBank Digital Resources - now OLB.com through a variety of mergers, New York, NY. Website not currently available. (July 1995 - June 1997)
Coordinate and ensure proper creation and output of client desktop publishing and pre-press projects on Mac and Unix computers. Output expertise included film separations, watercolor proofs, 4-color proofs (Iris & Cannon color output) and Linotronic output. Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop graphics, Quark XPress typesetting, design and layout. Maintained computer hardware and software and troubleshooting of all equipment and computers.
- Trained new employees in all operations and procedures.
- Designed documents to client specifications utilizing typesetting, graphic design and layout skills.
- Compiled client design and pre-press projects for output utilizing Macintosh and Unix computers.
- Maintained and upgraded computer network, hardware and software.
Userfriendly, New York, NY ( Out of business. November 1993 - July 1995)
Coordinated staff and production work at a facility on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, with duties ranging from training through troubleshooting, overseeing stock, art and document production, networking, and handling customer service.
- Through extensive self-led learning, exceptional project management skills, skills in human resource management, and a flexible customer-oriented ethic, quickly earned several promotions from receptionist to general manager.
- Directed staff of fourteen employees to maximize skills and streamline company performance.
- Maintained computer network, hardware and software for both PC and Macintosh workstations.
- Mastered Quark XPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, FileMaker Pro and more.
New York Open Center, New York, NY (May 1991-November 1991)
Taking registration orders for a busy independent educational institution. Also assisting during workshops, lectures, and conferences, acting as liaison to the presenters and ensuring attendee needs were handled in a timely manner.
Vice President, Accounting
Rogue Music, New York, NY (August 1989 - October 1992)
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, hardware and software support, dBase III+ application maintenance, computer information retrieval, bookkeeping, check writing, customer support, heavy phone answering, sales staff support.
Quetzal Computers, Brooklyn, NY (March 1988 - August 1989)
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, light programming, sales, data entry, word processing, telephone support.
Data Entry Clerk
The office of Dr. Halmos, DDS, PC., Brooklyn, NY (December 1986 - December 1987)
Accounting data entry, reception, scheduling, phones.
Maimonides Hospital, Brooklyn, NY (July 1983 - August 1983)
Accounts Payable, Filing.
Leadership Orange (2011)
HumaNext - Applying Emotional Intelligence at Work, Diversity & Cross-Cultural Competency, Heart & Mind Learning (2010)
Life Coaching Certification - Coaching Skills Institute, Newburgh, NY (2010)
Book Yourself Solid (2009)
Doctor of Metaphysics, Doctor of Motivation, ULC (2009)
B.S. Human Development with concentration in Psychology - SUNY Empire State College, (appx 104 credits)
Reiki Master/Teacher Level III (1998)
Harner Method - Core Shamanism Basic Course (1997)
Interfaith Minister, ULC (1997)
Education in American Sign Language and deaf culture. - American Sign Language Institute, Levels 1-5 (1991-1993)
A.A. Liberal Arts, with Honors. - CUNY Kingsboro Community College (1990)